The Covenants assign the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) the duty of maintaining Wickham Forest as a "restricted community of quality homes." The Architectural Review Committee meets monthly to review request for changes that effect the appearance of homes in Wickham Forest. Homeowners are welcome to come to any meeting.
All visible exterior changes to your home or property need to be reviewed by the Architectural Review Committee, even things such as repainting the same colors, adding hurricane shutters, or replacing old fence. To have your project reviewed, you must submit an application from that documents your intended changes. See Article VII of the covenants for more on the purpose of the Architectural Review Committee and for sections pertaining to submissions to the committee.
Architectural Review Committee Members:
- Linda Beckwith
- Bob Bruno
- Susie Nichols
- Bernadette Pinto (alternate)
Request forms can be obtained from ARC members. Forms are also available from this website.
ARC Request Form (.docx, Updated Aug 2019): This is the form to fill out for ARC approval of additions or changes to your property. You can either fill out the form within your web browser and print it out, or you may print the form and fill it out by hand. Completed forms should be signed by the homeowner and submitted to the ARC chairman.
The HOA board understands that trends in house colors have changed over the years and so is working on updating the official color book. The guidelines used by the ARC for evaluating color schemes essentially remains intact, conforming to the guidelines in the Official Color Book for house, trim and accent (i.e. the front door). The selected colors need to be considered in relation to :
- Roof color
- Any brick or stone color
- Color of adjacent homes
- Compatibility of house and trim colors
When submitting a request for house painting to the ARC the homeowner needs to include:
- Color name, number and manufacturer( if your color choice is already on a home somewhere in the neighborhood the ARC chair can provide you with this information) along with a sample of colors attached to the form.
- Color garage door is to be painted
- Fascia, soffit and rain gutter color, if applicable( generally, these are left white, unless the trim is a pale neutral that matches the roof)
- Front door color, if applicable
In most cases, if new or unusual color combinations are being requested, samples of such color will need to be painted on the house so they can be evaluated for confirmation to the standards. A tiny swatch of color in the paint store under fluorescent light may seem lovely, however, when it covers a whole house it can become overwhelming.
Some helpful tips when preparing to select house colors:
- non pastel shades and tones of a color look better with a white or cream trim.
- garage doors are not considered trim and should generally be painted the house color (doing so tends to make the house look larger) with the exception of:
- If the house is a deeper tone with white trim , the garage door can be the trim color.
- If the house is painted a light or medium shade of a single color (I.e. A light grey and a medium grey) the garage door can be painted the trim color.
- houses with double trim bands:
- Paint both bands the same color
- Paint them two shades of the same color
- Do not paint unrelated colors.